For all eternity, the new year brings talk of
resolutions for the coming year. We resolve to eat right,
exercise, lose weight, spend less, save more and the list goes
on and on. We even write these resolutions down.
You’re certainly welcome to tell me your New
Year’s resolutions today. However, here is my list of
resolutions I wish I could actually impose:
1. Resolve to timely prepare your financial
reports this year.
2. Resolve to prepare the budget timely and
accurately and waive reserves timely.
3. Resolve to respond quicker to requests for
access to records by your unit owners.
4. Resolve to treat all non paying owners equally and even
5. Resolve to finally fix all of the common
elements that are leaking or may be a danger to our owners.
6. Resolve to have that contract reviewed by
your attorney BEFORE you actually sign it.
7. Resolve to be respectful to each other at
your board meetings.
8. Resolve to finally tackle the job of
making those amendments to the governing documents that you put
off last year, and the year before.
9. Resolve to also treat all of the
association’s personnel with dignity and respect.
10. Resolve to become better board members
and owners by educating yourselves in the law and by attending
Unlike resolving to lose weight……these are
actually capable of being accomplished. So once again, Happy New
Year! Now, sober up, dust yourself off, take a deep breath and
let’s get busy.